This blog has been moved to Redwerb.com.

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Palm OS Programming is Hard

I've been wanting a project calculator for my Palm for quite awhile now, however, I haven't found any online, so I decided to try writing one myself. I've written Palm OS applications before (many years before) and figured I would be able to create something fairly quickly.

I was wrong. It's taken me all day just to get a Hello World application to run in the debugger (using the Palm OS Garnet Simulator), and I can't seem to launch the debugger from the Palm OS Developer Suite IDE <grrr>. There seems to be plenty of documentation for advanced concepts, but no basic tutorials.

Oh well, hopefully I will get the hang of it and have my project calculator soon. Of course, I could really use one now to figure out how much it will cost to remodel my bathroom. I guess I will just have to do it the hard way :(.

No comments: