This blog has been moved to Redwerb.com.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Vista has been released! (it's about time)

Vista has been officially released to the public. It's taken a long time and many of the original features promised have been cut, but overall, it looks like a pretty exciting upgrade to XP (though I probably won't upgrade until I get a new computer). The thing I'm most excited about is the ability to search for applications and documents from the start bar (I know you can install 3rd party applications to do this, but it's nice that it's built-in). Windows Sidebar and Gadgets look cool too (I use Google sidebar now and really like it).

Bill Gates was featured on the Daily Show last night (Jan 29th). It was pretty funny but not all that informative (no answer to what the F12 key does).

Several other Microsoft products were released along with the official release of Vista. Most notably, PowerShell! If you thought I was going to say Office, you are reading the wrong blog :).

2007 is shaping up to be an interesting year in software. I can't wait to see what is coming. Expressions Suite is one software package that comes to mind. If we are lucky, Visual Studio Orcas might make it as well. Roger Jennings has a good post on release dates associated with Orcas. Orcas RTM to Slip from 2007 to 2008?

No comments: