This blog has been moved to Redwerb.com.

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Windows Live Writer Beta 2 Now Available

The last Windows Live Writer blog post was dated November 21 10:41 AM. That is until yesterday, May 30 2:59 PM, when they announced a new beta was being released (Windows Live Writer Beta 2 Now Available). I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, I just found out about it, but I am looking forward to it.

The big question is why did it take over 6 months to update their blog much less to just release another beta? Is this project just one guy working on it in his (or her) spare time? Or is this a serious project that Microsoft is committed to? It would be nice to know the answer to this question so I can properly set my expectations.

One of the new features that I'm looking forward to is the support for Blogger labels. Currently I have to edit my blog post in Blogger after I've posted it using Live Writer in order to apply the labels. This is problematic for a number of reasons. One, it's a pain. Two, I often forget. And three, it messes with my web tracking.

I will definitely be posting a review after I've had a chance to play with it. Stay tuned :).

No comments: